NEWD Meetup: August 4th

Since the last gathering was so successful, Ethan and I thought it was high time to organize another meetup for New England Web Designers (NEWD?). And by organizing we mean: pick a date, pick a time, pick a place, and hope people show up to have a few beverages.
So, we hope you can join us on Thursday August 4th, 7:30PM @ the Cambridge Brewing Company in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA. We’re told there’s Wi-Fi here as well.
Leave a comment here, or over with Ethan if you’re interested in stopping by, and we’ll make sure we have some space reserved.

1. AkaXakA says:

And just for the record: it’s the Cambridge in the US, not ‘old’ England.
    Have fun though :)

2. web says:

I will be there, but did we ever decide if clothing was optional? I know the jury was out on that last time we met.
    NEWDists unite!

3. AkaXaka – an excellent point. ‘Tis the Cambridge found in Massachusetts. Where the learning happens with the books and the things.
    web – Glad you’ll be there!

4. “NEWD” eh? Does everyone have to show up naked?
    Depending on who the regulars are, that could be a boon or a bust… no pun intended!

5. tom says:

I want to be there, just not old enough to drink beer and Harvard won’t let me go near places where the primary purpose is to serve alcohol.

6. Ben says:

I mentioned this to Ethan, but have you ever thought of taking NEWD on tour? If so, come to Wisconsin!

7. Dale Cruse says:

I have missed the last two for various reasons, but I really want to try and make this one. Looking forward to it.

8. Ryan Barr says:

Of course Dan, you decide a Boston brewery. Yes, I will be in NY August 4th, but there is no way I can attend a brewery party, I am only fourteen dude. Thanks a lot. Maybe next time a Central Park meetup? Huh huh? Perhaps you can hang out with Brian, Akash, and Myself at the next DASummit? We’ll see… we’ll see.

9. CBC is a restaurant as much as a bar, and I’ve often gone there and just ordered a Coke – you don’t have to have beer and I’m almost certain there’s no age minimum.
    Unfortunately, I have a rehearsal on that day, so won’t be able to come. Have fun!

10. Ryan Barr says:

Really Jennifer? Hmmmmmm…. maybe I will do some research on the Bar then.

11. Ryan says:

NEWDity for all ages! Where have our morals gone!?

12. Damn! It’s too bad this is happening next month, I’m in Boston this week only :(
    Well, have a good time :)

13. Jesse says:

This sounds like a plan, though I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it all the way over from the office… near MIT.

14. I will be there fresh after moving to Boston 3 days prior!

15. ed says:

hi, i stumbled upon this entry about the meetup. sounds like fun! can anyone join in?

16. ed – absolutely anyone and everyone can join in. This is an informal gathering — hope you can make it.

17. Nate says:

That site needs a hardcore redesign… Beer for redesign – sure thing.

18. Jesse says:

Nate, I couldn’t agree more.
    I feel like I should have my cardboard sign out: Will Design For Beer.

19. Basil Crow says:

Are there any age limitations?

20. Faruk Ateş says:

Dan,
    You guys (NEWD) have been challenged!
    Save that beer-bill so we can compare, willya? ;)

21. If nudity is mandatory, count me in… and I’m not even a web developer.

22. Dave says:

I’m going to try and make it. :) Can’t wait to meet people!

23. Edward says:

I’d love to make it, but it’s an 8 hour drive. Are there any railroads that go out that way from Washinton, D.C.? I’ll have to look into that some…

24. you can take a train from DC to Trenton. Trenton to New York City and then to Boston I think. I’m just moving to boston from central New Jersey so I know all about the lack of long distance trains.
    Not that trains would help me move. that’s going to be painful one way or another.

25. Dave says:

Unfortunately I live in Chicago, so I won’t be able to join you guys. I am a little jealous, though. First New England wins all the Super Bowls, then the Red Sox break their curse, and now a bunch of nude people are gathering to talk about web design. Unfair!

26. Faruk – Now that’s a challenge I like. I’ll be interested in seeing what DEWD can do :-)

27. Cindy says:

It figures, I just returned from a week in Boston. Oh well, maybe next time.

28. Basil Crow says:

Mind if I ask again — can I come if I’m 17, or do you need to be a certain age?

29. I plan to be there. Looking forward to it…

30. Dale Cruse says:

Odds are anyone can order food, but you’ll have to be of legal drinking age to order beer or wine. Probably.

31. Pen says:

I’m also going to try and make it. :) Can’t wait to meet people!

32. alan taylor says:

Will definitely try to make it as well.

33. Matt says:

Stefan-
    You can take the Accela Train from DC-NYC-BOSTON…not sure on the cost, i think its $99 one way from NYC to Boston

34. Scott Frazer says:

Since I work about 15 minutes from Cambridge, looks like I’ll have an easy time making it :)
    Sounds like a fun time, I look forward to it!

35. Faruk Ateş says:

Dan,
    The DEWD meeting took place, but I’m not going to publish our beer bill until after you guys have had yours!
    I can only note that none of us were even remotely intoxicated at the end of the day…

36. Hunox says:

So what kind of things do you discuss on the meetup?

37. Melissa says:

I had a great time meeting everyone last time and I am hoping to cut a clients meeting short to attend. So maybe …..?

38. ~brian says:

I hope to make it over to Cambridge to hang with y’all again. I’m currently moving to Medford so I’m a wee bit busy…but i hope to take some time out to swing by, and my homie Jake may be up again from Connecticut so that we can truly put the NE in the NEWDists. Where are our Mainers at?

39. Kristin says:

I’ll be there with bells on. Can you still be NEWD and wear bells?

40. Geek dinners are great! I plan to make it.

41. Peter Yee says:

Can I come and ask lots of CSS questions?

42. Tam says:

I’m going to try to make it, but with hubby out of town and two furry kids, who knows?

43. ed says:

dan, thanks for letting me know it’s open to anyone who can make it. unfortunately (or fortunately?) i have a job interview the next day, so too much fun might not be good the night before! maybe next time.

44. i am hoping to be there. thanks.

45. I hope to be there too. Thanks.

46. kellegous says:

Crud, you guys were literally about two blocks away and I had something come up and I had to miss out. Maybe next time …

47. Melissa says:

Hey, who turned out the lights ?

48. Melissa – I hope you didn’t miss us. After sitting in the dark for a while, we decided to improvise and find a place that had power (and that could actually serve us). Truth be told, NEWD caused the power to go out in Kendall Square. At least that’s what we think.

49. Melissa says:

Turning into a powerful group. LOL!
    I did miss you all but there were a couple of late arrivals and we had great conversation so all was not lost. Looking forward to your next one.

50. Tom says:

I ended up missing the whole deal, but how was it?