A Blurry Photo of Will Ferrell

Mom asks, Hey, there’s a Swedish Christmas festival happening downtown on Saturday, would you and Kerry like to go? Well, yeah! That alone could be fun — pancakes, meatballs, Tomtes, crisp bread, Will Ferrell, Glögg — whoa whoa, wait. Will Ferrell? File this one under: Places You’d Least Likely Meet Movie Stars Named Will.

Will FerrellThe star of Saturday Night Live and countless comedic film gems was there to crown the “Queen of Light”, St. Lucia. Of course. Apparently, Will’s Swedish wife has Boston roots as well. But still…
My favorite part of his little monologue, to a crowd of only a few hundred: Thank you. It’s great to be here at the Swiss festival. I love Switzerland.

So, I took his picture with my phone, and he signed our Elf DVD (we did find out the day before that he’d be there, albeit it was so under-publicized that we didn’t believe it) and that was that.

1. Enrique says:

Sweet…you should have had him autograp h your man boob. Thats something to write home to mom about :)
    jk….glad you had some fun

2. proph3t says:

Will Ferrel is by far my favorite comedic actor, thats awesome you met him there. Seems like a cool guy.

3. Keith says:

Oh man, Will Ferrell is the best. Just looking at that photo makes me giggle.

4. Ake says:

Never seen pancakes on a swedish christmas table. You must mean kalvsylta, sill, rodbetssallad, skinka och annat gott :-) Anywho – God Jul!

5. Ryan says:

oh man! lucky…will ferrel is the king of all SNL comedy!! the only cool people i’ve ran into in my neck of the woods (NYC-NJ area) were: Al Roker, Cast of MTV Real World, Mariah Carey, Mr. Belding and Screech, and Dan Cederholm…haha jk…
    happy celebrity huntin’ =)

6. Scott Frazer says:

I’ll be the 6th person to say this: but yes, Will Farrel is pretty awesome! I liked him in Anchorman. Great movie.

7. Jon says:

Everywhere I look there’s Swedish this, Swedish that, how come? Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Sweden is pretty much the best country ever! Will Ferell, he is cool too, I suppose. Ha! – God Jul

8. Jeff Werner says:

Great scene in Elf: Ferrell gobling up used gum stuck to the railing of a subway station. Free candy! He is so happy.

9. Kenny F says:

Wait, if I stand back from the computer, I can see a man’s head.
    It’s.. it’s… it’s a picture of WIll Ferrell the actor!!!
    Do I win anything?!

10. daveeee says:

I love will ferrell. i recently bought Zoolander, and he steals the show/film.

11. Andy Stones says:

Has anyone seen Anchorman? An absolutely fantastic film. I was crying with laughter from beginning to end!

12. Phil Baines says:

I only just watched anchorman on tuesday. What a funny film!
    My favorite quote:
    “OMG, That smells like a turd wrapped in burning hair”

13. vlad says:

wow, thats pretty cool, what else is happening there in Canada?

14. Did he do anything remotely insane? Or was he being cool and collective?

15. iShane says:

I thought Anchorman was weak.
    Not very funny, but was really just Will Ferrell thinking he is funny. Elf was a great film, on the other hand. I just prefer his work on SNL.
    I gotta have more cowbell!!

16. God jul allesammen!

17. Vigge says:

In Response to #4: Me neither, but meatballs and crhistmas ham (kottbullar & julskinka) is my personal favorites :)

18. Dan Martin says:

Gotta love Will Ferrell. SNL hasn’t been the same since he left.

19. What a thrill to see that Will has jumped on the Swedish bandwagon (and Swedish women)! In Grand Rapids, MI, tomorrow night there’s a Santa Lucia pageant at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church. My wife and I are taking our son Ben and daughter Lucia, whose birthday happens to be…tomorrow!
    By the way, my favorite Will Ferrel bit is his George W. Bush spoof campaign ad. Hilarious!

20. victor says:

Hah, didn’t know gl

21. Daryl says:

I’m not really a big fan of Will Farrel… I thought Old School was hilarious, but the rest of his stuff leads much to be desired… he seems like more of a childish-joke that kids wouldn’t understand..

22. Kenny F says:

One word: Zoolander.
    Will Ferrell was hilarious as Mugatu in Zoolander.

23. Rob says:

“Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we’re going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don’t know, I don’t know if we’ll have enough time”

24. Kel says:

‘Frank the Tank’ rocks!!!
    Watched both Old School & Anchorman on the weekend with mates + beer – great laughs.

25. Glogg
    My favorite is this one:
    Blossa Glogg (special)
    Mmmmmmm arghhh glogggggg
    // Michael

26. Ville says:

Frank The Tank!
    I should watch Old School again, damn that is a funny movie. It’s a worth watching.

27. Erik says:

What a bummer, we missed the beginning of the St. Lucia part. My 2 year old daughter was getting her first shrimp on toast and Swedish meatballs (she still prefers the waffles w/lingonberries, though…)

28. Oh! That would be a great Christmas present!

29. Anders says:

Watched Elf this Christmas, didn’t like it :\

30. Sarah says:

Will Ferrell IS THE BEST EVER!
    looking at him makes me laugh
    anchorman…best movie ever!

31. Will Ferrell says:

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them all. Nothing like being around a bunch of bright-eyed, blond nordic folk to cheer my day up. It was a pleasure to be there.
    Now everyone go out and buy my movie Anchorman because it’s quite possibly the best comedy this year. Kudos to Napolean Dynamite, by the way.
    P.S. This isn’t Will Ferrll. But I wish I was.

32. Amanda says:

Hi i’m Amanda I think will is hot!

33. erica says:

well i have seen anchorman, old school, zoolander, elf, i have watched almost every snl he is in. i even went out to buy best of will ferrell 1 and 2. i think he is hilarious. i used to watch snl all the time. bt now that will isn’t on it, i stopped watchign it.