We climbed a mountain this past weekend. This photo was taken near the summit after a long hike. A few observations:
- Mountains are tall.
- Mountains are cold and cloudy at the top.
- It seems that people generally enjoy walking up a mountain, then walking back down.
- You should wait to eat your lunch on the way back down, rather than at the top, where it’s cold and windy.
- The first 20 minutes of walking up an incline are the worst.
- Hiking up a mountain with dress shoes and a tucked in button-down shirt is insane (I did witness this).
- Water. Yes.
- When you reach the bottom of the mountain, the feeling is so great that you forget how hard it was going up. There is even a casual mention of “doing this again”.