Boston Geek Tea Party 2

The last one was a success, so Ethan and I thought it was time to organize another web standards, geek, tea lovers gathering once again in Boston.
This Thursday, September 2nd at 7:00pm (coincidentally International Web Standards Meetup Day) at the Cassava Lounge on Boylston St. (see Sidesh0w for all the details. DEE-tails or duh-TAILS?).
Plenty of boba tea will be available, as well as (hopefully) interesting conversation on all things web, design, code and perhaps other things. Hope to see you there.

1. Aaron G says:

Wish I could be there… last one was great. Trying to get a Web Standards Meetup started in Southern CT.

2. Lauren says:

Sounds really interesting, and it’s pretty close to where I live. Too bad I’m only 14…

3. Scott says:

I know Lauren, I’m 15 and I won’t be able to attend.

4. Anyone for a similar event in Bucharest, Romania?

5. Anonymous says:

Anyone for a similar event in Bucharest, Romania?

You offering plane tickets? ;-)

6. hamstu says:

I hope it’s a success!

7. Great stuff, I’ll bring my herd of designers and other markup monkeys.
    Looking forward to meeting some other standards-savvy folks, esp since you don’t get many in South Africa :D

8. Zelnox says:

There is an age limit to a bubble tea place? Hehehe. Unless it is more than that. ^_^

9. Johnny Gulag says:

Hello
    If I was anywhere near Boston I would put it on my schedule of things to do, but alas I am in Texas.
    Have a good time though…
    PS
    The Rangers are gonna be in town this weekend, you should go to the game, and see the miracle Rangers in action…
    Ya’ll crushed us last time!
    Later
    Johnny

10. engelgrafik says:

Seems like a small place… and I’m… well…. a big guy. I get claustrophobic in a place like that.

11. Rob Mientjes says:

Too bad that I live in Holland. And besides, I don’t know the way there ;)

12. Jeff koosh says:

Looks like fun. I will make the trip across the River from Cambridge! Dan, will you have any copies of your book there?

13. Anonymous says:

Hello? Short notice!

14. ~bc says:

Will we be done in time to see Prince George II give his big speech?

15. Carmelyne Thompson says:

would this be coming to chicago too? lol

16. That’s wild: I had no idea Web Standards Meetup Day existed, but as fate would have it I happen to be meeting up with one Faruk Ates on Thursday to discuss the web and other things. He happened to be in town (Minneapolis) from the Netherlands visiting some friends.
    Crazy world…

17. brad says:

wish I lived in the boston area. come visit atlanta sometime!

18. I would come but I am thousands of miles away. :-(

19. Brian says:

Hey Dan – Yay, no rehearsals or shows – I can go, cya there!
    Brian (Fidelity Investments)

20. Anonymous says:

Too bad that I live in California. You should come here and throw a web standards beach blast next year!

21. web says:

I wonder how many people are going to show up wearing a shirt with a BP?
    Sorry Dan, Patriots tickets came through .. you gonna go sans web on this one.

22. web says:

I just posted this event in message to our coders email list, somebody made a great point.
    Dan did you get to invite Microsoft?

23. Ouch… such short notice… Don’t think I’ll make it this tiime.
    S

24. web – too bad you can’t make it, but next time I hope. Microsoft is of course welcomed to attend — I hope they like bubble tea :-)
    Also for those that can’t make it — no worries, I think the idea is to make this a casual, but semi-regular thing. There’ll always be next time.

25. Ryan Holt says:

I’d love to be there…but I’m bogged down with schoolwork and cross-country practice. Hope it goes well for you guys.

26. I think I’ll be able to come. I hope I can find parking – driving and parking in Boston proper != fun.

27. web says:

Jennifer,
    You can park at the Prudential Mall if need be .. its only a few blocks away.

28. nate says:

i tried to get down there but got stuck in traffic before not finding any parking and leaving with minor discouragement 1.5 hours later.
    how was it?

29. Will says:

Ah, I wish I’d seen this entry (I’ve been too busy with work to follow many sites). Guess I’ll just have to keep an eye out for the next one!

30. Ken says:

By the look of http://www.cassavalounge.com/controller.php?p=3
    It doesn’t seem to be much room for more than 8-10 people. Am I wrong?