What I’ve Done on My Holiday Vacation

• Painted
  • Had a beer
  • Installed track lighting
  • Installed washer & dryer
  • Installed dimmer switch
  • Removed two shutters
  • Cut my hand while removing the second of two shutters
  • Tried to remember when my last tetanus shot was
  • Received tetanus shot
  • Made 7 trips to Home Depot in as many days
  • Had a beer
  • Did a fair amount of writing
  • Stained two bookcases (acutally, they hold CDs)
  • Watched the Two Towers (Extended DVD, of course)

* The list excludes the holidays themselves, which were/are very nice. List items subject to change, removal or amendment without notice.

1. Mike says:

Hahah, as soon as I read the first “Had a beer”, I knew there’d be more!
    Happy New Year and all that jazz :)

2. Trent says:

Heh, only two beers?
    Quite the handy-man from the looks of things though. I can do some limited electrical work around the house, but that’s about it…

3. Brian says:

I am right there with you on the home projects. I realized today I have spent too much time at Home Depot today when the paint guy asked me if I was close to being done.
    P.S. Thanks for the Pacifico post – it is my new favorite beer. I have had many since then.

4. Chris says:

Dude, playing the lets-repair-paint-clean routine huh? I feel your pain. I’ve been spending my “vacation” doing the home despot treatment to the old place so we can sell it. What a drag.

5. David Clain says:

Is the home despot some sort of interior design fascist? ;-)

6. Chris says:

I’ve always called Home Depot Home Despot. Gives me a chuckle thinking of this:

7. Jason says:

Only 7 trips in as many days? During some recent home maintenance/remodeling projects, I’ve seen that many trips in ONE day. Fortunately, both Home Depot and Lowe’s are not only 2 minutes away, they are literally next door to each other!
    What truly fascinates me is just how busy each of them are.

8. Remi says:

Always thought that summer was D.I.Y time and winter was more of a chillout period, (erm like no D.I.Y). how wrong was I.
    Happy new year!

9. Baasch says:

Did your tetanus shot hurt? I’ve been putting mine off, but keep thinking of getting one whenever I cut myself on something rusty. Which isn’t that often mind you. I still remember my last shot, ten, eleven, twelve years ago…that hurt.

10. Baasch – The actual shot didn’t hurt at all. My arm was a little sore the following couple of days though. It was a rusty screwdriver that prompted me to get one.

11. Jeremy says:

Sounds like you were really busy, and just to throw my two cents into the pile, the extended version was definately better.
    :D